Here at Watersports Bay we are always on the lookout for new writers. Whether you are looking to promote your blog/social channel or maybe you would like to become a regular contributor here on the site, please have a quick read of our requirements before you contact us.
The Content Must Be Relevant
We are a paddlesports website, so the content must be relevant to… You guessed it, paddlesports! Please don’t contact us trying to pitch an article about home insurance, SEO marketing or anything else that is completely irrelevant.
Your blog/page doesn’t need to be specifically about watersports, as long as there is some link between the two. For example,
- Maybe you are a photographer with experience in using waterproof cameras on SUPs or kayaks.
- An insurance broker specialising in SUP board or kayak insurance. It’s maybe not the most exciting topic but still relevant.
Unique Content Only
This should go without saying, but absolutely no plagiarism (including self-plagiarism).
We realise you may be trying to guest post on multiple sites at once, but duplicated content is a big no-no and search engines will pick this up. As such we check all posts for plagiarism before posting and monitor for future copying.
No Spam Links
You can have 1 or 2 links in the author bio for your blog and social, and you can use links throughout your post to provide context and cite sources.
All links will be checked before publishing. Any promotional, spammy or superfluous links will be removed. We reserve the right to remove or no-follow any link at any time, including after publishing.
The Post Itself
- We try to make all of our posts at least 1000 words. More is better, but try not to write over 3500 as this requires a lot of editing time.
- Please use correct grammar and punctuation.
- Use short, concise paragraphs to make for easy skim reading.
The full style guide will be given once an agreement for a guest post has been made.